We can make a claim directly to your private insurance company. They get back to us right away and you just pay the difference that’s not covered by your plan.
You don’t have to worry about waking up from your massage brain mode. We can help you save a lot of time on paperwork and out-of-pocket payments.
The ability to do direct billing for our services is dependent on your coverage plan. We strongly advise you contact your insurer or review your package to see your coverage details. You are responsible to pay the difference not covered by your plan. Sometimes you are required to submit a claim yourself.
For some cases your policy won’t pay us directly, and you will have to pay the full amount. The reimbursement will go back to the insured member via cheque or direct deposit if you have it set up.
Note: It is illegal for the clinic to direct bill any extended health care plan for cancellation or no-show fees.
The process is simple:
- Schedule an appointment
- Make a request
a) In Office — Bring in your photo ID and your insurance card with the policy and ID number. Please note we can only accept first-time in-person requests during reception hours (10am-6pm). If you have an appointment outside reception hours without a direct billing request, you must pay the full fee of the appointment. We will provide an invoice for you to make a claim. OR
b) Online — Fill in the form below to submit your direct insurance billing information to us.
- Once we have your information, it stays in our system and we can direct bill in advance.
– Please notify us if you have changed insurer, plan number, or ID number.
Make sure your insurance is supported. We honour:
Pacific Blue Cross
Chambers of Commerce
Canada Life (Great-West Life)
Green Shield Canada
Johnston Group Inc.
Sun Life members under a Public Service Health Care Plan (policy 055555) are required to submit a claim manually.
Any coverage plans that require a valid doctor’s prescription/referral.
The following as secondary coverage will typically require you to submit manually: Cowan, Desjardins, First Canadian, Great-West Life, GroupHEALTH, Groupsource, Industrial Alliance, Johnson Inc, Johnston Group Inc, Manion, Manulife, Sun Life
WE DO NOT DO DIRECT BILLING/DEDUCTIONS FOR:
Out-of-province Blue Cross
If you are unsure, double check your insurance card if it contains the logo or actual name of the insurance provider listed above. Some names are a sub-category under the same insurance companies i.e. RBC Insurance is under Green Shield Canada
Policy number: May also go by plan, contract, or group number. It is a formal contract-document issued by an insurance company to an insured. It (1) puts an indemnity cover into effect, (2) serves as a legal evidence of the insurance agreement, (3) sets out the exact terms on which the indemnity cover has been provided, and (4) states associated information such as the (a) specific risks and perils covered, (b) duration of coverage, (c) amount of premium, (d) mode of premium payment, and (e) deductibles, if any.
Member ID number: May also go by certificate ID. Each person covered by a health insurance plan has a unique ID number that allows healthcare providers and their staff to verify coverage and arrange payment for services. It’s also the number that health insurers use to look up specific members and answer questions about claims and benefits. This number is always on the front of the card. If you’re the policyholder, the last two digits in your number might be 00, while others on the policy might have numbers ending in 01, 02, etc.
Deductible: a specified amount of money that the insured must pay before an insurance company will pay a claim.
Co-Insurance: A health care cost sharing between you and your insurance company. The cost-sharing ranges from 80/20 to even 50/50. For example, if your coinsurance is 80/20, that means that your insurer covers 80% of annual medical expenses and you pay the remaining 20%.
We can do direct billing only on the day of the appointment.
If you need to submit a claim yourself, it must accurately represent the treatment provided. We will provide you a receipt that retains the date of service, cost, name of practitioner, and the practitioner’s license number.
It is illegal to submit a claim under someone else’s policy/ID or to submit a claim on a date you have not received treatment. Read this brochure to Understanding the effects of fraud and abuse on your group benefits plan